Friday 17 January 2014

Homemade Gifts

It's January which means it's exam time.

Luckily this year I only have one exam so I'm making the most of my time at home, taking the more chilled approach to revision...

I decided to use my time productively and with one of my closest friends birthdays just around the corner, I got creative. 


I've always been a fan of homemade presents, it's such a great way to save money and add a personal touch. Some things - cushions in particular are often nicer when made yourself as you can choose the material you like and add whatever you fancy.

Having never made one myself, I took on the challenge of making a cushion. 

Mum and I made use of material we already had, along with a selection of buttons which I decided to use to form a heart for the centre of the cushion. 


Putting my hand sewing skills to test, I sewed on each button individually - turns out secondary school textiles classes were useful after all.








And there we have it, a homemade present which looks just as good as anything shop-bought! 

No comments:

Post a Comment