Sunday 26 January 2014

Brunching and Lunching

With the sudden realisation of how quickly my time in Newcastle is going, I promised myself that I would make the most of this year. 

Until recently I've always thought that Newcastle only really has the generic, chain cafes and restaurants. Admittedly, the unique places are well hidden, however they're definitely worth the search. 

This week I've had my fair share of brunching and lunching, starting at Olive and Bean. 

'Olive and Bean is a coffee shop, bespoke sandwich bar and delicatessen all rolled into one'


Escaping from the library, Becca and I went to Olive and Bean for lunch. With an extensive menu, we were spoilt for choice and the decision was hard. I settled for the homemade humous, falafel and sun-blushed tomato salad and it did not disappoint.

The selection of sweet treats was too much. Cakes, tiffin, brownies, cheesecake - they had it all. As always, our eyes were far bigger than our stomachs. Not letting anything go to waste, we resorted to taking doggy bags home!


Next was birthday brunch at Jam Jar in Jesmond. Having been for dinner before, I had no doubt that brunch would be equally as good. Serving full english, pancakes and eggs florentine, Jam Jar is the perfect wake up call. 



Last up was lunch at ARLO, also in Jesmond. This bistro and cafe is a real hidden beauty. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, ARLO is decorated in a quirky yet quaint way. 




This was the perfect way to spend a rainy Saturday afternoon. Catering for all, the lunch menu offers soup, sandwiches, quiche, salads and more. Make sure you leave room for the amazing cakes!



The Sloppy Lola 
Toulouse sausage Bolognese, toasted ciabatta, melted cheddar, salad & crisps
Crumbled Feta, Hummus, Sun blushed Tomato and Roast Vegetable Soft Open Tortilla

No comments:

Post a Comment