Wednesday 28 August 2013

Life as a Seasonnaire

Two months in a seaside town representing one of the biggest British brands.
The best summer job?
I think it could be. 


Jack Wills Seasonnaires are brand ambassadors who live the Jack Wills' lifestyle. In the UK there are four summer seasonal locations: Aldeburgh, Salcombe, Rock and Abersoch. With the aim of increasing brand awareness and driving footfall into store, a girl and a boy are sent to each location where they are based for the summer.


Having never heard of Aldeburgh before, the concept of moving to a town I didn't know and living with a boy I barely knew was daunting to say the least. However, within days of being there I felt as if I had known Will for years.


As Seasonnaires, we were expected to work in store for a minimum of 12 hours a week. I had never worked in a store before but with the Jack Wills in Aldeburgh being so small, I very quickly got the gist of it all. We worked closely with the store staff as they knew the area best and had an idea of what people in Aldeburgh would like to happen in their town. 



In terms of marketing, one of our main strategies was social media. Through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, our aims were to deliver brand message, engage audience and drive people to engage with the products. We also had to gather content at all times using the GoPro.



In addition to this, it was our responsibility to execute events throughout the summer. These needed to be specific to our location, tailoring them to suit the area and the people there. In our last week in Aldeburgh we held a party at the Yacht Club which was a huge success. We kitted the marquee out with Jack Wills branding and threw party pants and Seasonnaire T-shirts into the crowd throughout the night. Check out the following video I made from the night...


Being a Seasonnaire was the most incredible experience which I am so lucky to have had. 

Here are some of my favourite memories:
- Wills 21st Birthday
- The Marmalade Ball
- Aldeburgh Carnival
- The Jack Wills Closing Party
- The Thorpeness Fireworks


Thank you Jack Wills for the best summer, I will never forget my time in Aldeburgh and the friendships I made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment